For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is G Dale Designs Ltd., 66 Lower Anchor Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0AU. registration number No.1417445.
This policy only applies to our site. If you leave our site via a link or otherwise, you will be subject to the policy of that website provider. We have no control over that policy or the terms of the website and you should check their policy before continuing to access the site.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. Any such changes will take effect when posted on the website and it is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions on each occasion you use this website. Your continued use of the website shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the current terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions will apply to all transactions placed online, by e-mail, telephone or by post with us. Please read the terms and conditions carefully before placing any order. All transactions with us will be governed by these terms and conditions.
- You should also read our General Terms & Conditions.
- We may collect personal data on you as part of the transaction process but we do not link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals.
- Cookies may be placed / collected to monitor visits but are not used to store personal data. A cookie is data that a website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your computer system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages of our website, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Depending on the type of cookie we use, cookies also allow us to make our website more user friendly, for example, permanent cookies allow us to save passwords so that you do not have to re-enter them every time you visit our website.
- If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse the website but the functions may be impaired.
- We will collect and store information about you to allow us to firstly, process and fulfil any transactions and secondly to provide you with the best possible service. We will collect and store any personal data that you may give us whist using our website. All information is collected lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the ‘Act’).
- We will use the data for our own marketing purposes, including market research and to keep you up to date with any offers or information regarding our products.
- The type of information that we will collect will include:
Contact telephone numbers
Order and Payment details
- When registering your details online you do so on the understanding that you are aware of the intended purpose for the collection of data.
- Our website contains links to third party websites operating their own terms and conditions and privacy policies. We are not responsible for the policies of any linked third party websites.
- Jurisdiction, Territorial Limitations & Severability
- All transactions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any dispute between the user and G Dale Designs Ltd. t/a Snap Dragon will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales. Nothing in these terms and conditions will be deemed to affect your statutory rights.
- If any part of these terms and conditions is held by any court of England and Wales to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part, the validity or enforceability of the other sections of these terms and conditions shall not be affected.
- Fraud Protection Entitlement to disclose and share data
- In order to protect you and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from you, to credit reference agencies, and law enforcement agencies as required under English law.
- Compliance with UK Data Protection Act 1998, and access to data
- We are registered with the Data Comptroller of the UK. You can gain access to information that we may hold about you by: Sending an email to email@example.com or by writing to this address : Data Protection Officer, G. Dale Designs, 66 Lower Anchor Street, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0AU. You should expect to prove your identity before any information is released to you.
- We will provide you with a readable copy of any personal data that we may hold about you, within thirty business days of receipt of your request. We will require proof of your identity before releasing any data. We will provide the information at a charge of £10.00 payable at the time of your request. We reserve the right to refuse to provide a copy of any personal data held, but will give reasons for our refusal, and we shall at all times comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Where you find information that we hold about you to be inaccurate we will correct or delete it promptly.
- If you are currently receiving information from us and would prefer not to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘No further mailings’ in the subject box. Please provide your customer number (if known) and postcode, or click on the unsubscribe link placed at the bottom of all our emails to you.
- Accepted communication methods and recording and storage of them
- You accept that we may contact you by any of our defined communication methods in our General Terms & Conditions.
- You accept that we will monitor and may record any communication with have with you.
- Restriction - protecting data use within the European Economic Area
- We will not hold any data on you outside the European Economic Area.
- Implied acceptance of inherent online security risks
- We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence.
- Limited liability to acts of negligence
- Please see our General Terms & Conditions.
- Information Usage
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
· To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
· To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
· To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
· To notify you about changes to our service.
- Information Disclosure
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Links from our site